Rutgers football produced an hour plus show on Wednesday to commemorate national signing day. The 2019 recruiting class includes 22 prospects, which our own David Anderson recapped here. The show was hosted by local football tv and radio personality Mike Quick. He did a great job and spoke with every member of the Rutgers coaching staff. Here are some highlights worth noting:
- Head coach Chris Ash talked in detail about the transfers added to this class, including Drew Singleton. He appeared in the opening and closing of the show.
- Director of Player Personnel & Recruiting Operations Adam Caltury was interviewed and spoke on the entire recruitment process.
- All three new assistant coaches were interviewed: defensive coordinator Andy Buh, running backs coach Kolby Smith, and offensive line coach Peter Rossomando.
- Changes within the coaching staff that were announced during the show include Vince Okruch moving from tight ends coach to coaching the outside linebackers. He will keep his role as special teams coordinator. In addition, Nunzio Campanile has replaced Okruch in coaching the tight ends, as Smith backfills him at running backs coach. Both spoke about the moves to Quick.
- Offensive coordinator John McNulty remains a great interview and is a true football guy with insightful stories, as well as gave good insight on added personnel.
Here is the full show: