With the early signing period beginning on Wednesday, Rutgers football improved its talent and depth with the recruits that have officially joined the program in the 2019 class. BTN had head coach Chris Ash on late this morning to discuss the 17 signees as of now.
Ash was asked a variety of questions about the 2019 class and touched on the following points:
- There is a lot of linebacker depth in this class.
- A couple more recruits could sign within the early signing period, which lasts through Friday.
- Cole Snyder is someone they feel is great for the offense and the culture of the team and will enroll early for the spring semester.
- Ash was rightfully excited about signing running backs Kay’Ron Adams and Aaron Young.
- Ash spoke about several players who could make an immediate impact next season, including receiver Isaiah Washington, the two running backs, and some linebackers, among others.
Watch the full interview here:
"We upgraded our football team in areas that we needed to, and I can't wait to get them here and get started."— Rutgers On BTN (@RutgersOnBTN) December 19, 2018
- @CoachChrisAsh on @RFootball's signing class#SigningDayOnBTN x @ZipRecruiter pic.twitter.com/ZJv4oIf5Im
While this recruiting class as it stands won't fix all the issues for Rutgers football, you have to give Chris Ash & his staff credit for signing a solid group so far with some talented prospects. Size/depth of class still a concern but following 1-11 season better than expected.— Aaron Breitman (@aaron_breitman) December 19, 2018