Here is the depth chart for this week's game at Penn State:
QB: Chris Laviano/Hayden Rettig/Giovanni Rescigno
RB: Paul James OR Josh Hicks OR Justin Goodwin OR Robert Martin
FB: Sam Bergen/Anthony Folkerts
TE: Nick Arcidiacono/Matt Flanagan/Charles Scarff
WR: Carlton Agudosi/John Tsimis
WR: Andre Patton/Janarion Grant
LT: Keith Lumpkin/Zack Heeman
LG: Dorian Miller/Tariq Cole
C: Derrick Nelson/Zach Venesky
RG: Chris Muller/Marcus Applefield
RT: J.J. Denman/Ryan Brodie
- In case you missed it yesterday, Flood declared Chris Laviano the starting quarterback for Saturday.
- No change at running back on the depth chart. Paul James was nicked up during Saturday's game against WSU, which limited him to 6 carries. He is listed as probable on this week's injury report. Hicks received 15 carries last week, leading the way for the second consecutive game. Robert Martin received 9 carries and was more effective, including an impressive 15 yard touchdown run.
- Matt Flanagan scored a touchdown for the second consecutive game but remains the backup to Nick Arcidiacono. Also, Charles Scarff had a solid game last week with 4 catches, but remains with Flanagan as the co-backup.
- Of course, the biggest change is Carlton Agudosi stepping into the starting wide receiver role, replacing Leonte Carroo. Flood said today he did not expect Carroo's status to change as of now. He was suspended indefinitely yesterday.
DE: Quanzell Lambert/Kemoko Turay
NT: Sebastian Joseph/Kevin Wilkins
DT: Julian Pinnix-Odrick/Eric Wiafe OR Jon Bateky
DE: Djwany Mera/Jimmy Hogan
WLB: Steve Longa/Deonte Roberts
MLB: Kaiwan Lewis/Isaiah Johnson
SLB: Quentin Gause/Eric Margolis OR Kevin Marquez
CB: Isaiah Wharton/Ronnie James
FS: Anthony Cioffi/ Saquan Hampton
SS: Davon Jacobs/Andre Hunt OR Kiy Hester
CB: Bleassuan Austin/Jarius Adams
- Some were optimistic that Darius Hamilton would be added to the depth chart this week, but unfortunately he is still listed as out on the injury report with a lower body injury. There is no timetable for his return at the moment. I would not expect him to be available any earlier than the October 10th game against Michigan State, although I am skeptical. Each week the speculation will grow on the severity of Hamilton's injury and the possibility that he will take a medical redshirt for the season.
- Djwany Mera, who was listed as questionable on the injury report last week, did not appear on it this week.
- Kemoko Turay is still listed probable on the injury report this week and is listed behind Quanzell Lambert on the depth chart. Turay saw considerable time last week, but was not successful in making a significant impact. He did register three quarterback hurries in the game.
- Kiy Hester is no longer on the injury report, after appearing there the first two games. He is still listed behind Davon Jacobs on the depth chart. Hester saw a lot of action last week and it will be interesting to see how much time he will see this week in Happy Valley.
K: Kyle Federico/Chris Gough
P: Joey Roth/Michael Cintron
LS: Alan Lucy/Alex Hutchings
H: Joey Roth/Brian Verbitski
KR/PR: Janarion Grant/Josh Hicks
- Federico made two field goals last week from 37 yards and 48 yards, respectively. He was only 2-3 on extra points, with one being blocked. He is now 11-12 on extra point tries for the season.
- Janarion Grant was the first modern day player in Rutgers history to run back both a kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns in the same game. He also set a record for most all-purpose yards in one game with 337 yards.