I come with sad news, my friends. Our esteemed editor, Tim, is looking to step down in the near future to focus on a new exciting career opportunity. We've thankful for his hard work, but now we find ourselves looking for a new manager, and also some new writers to beef up this staff and make it fully weaponized for football season.
If you love Rutgers sports, writing, and the idea of running your own site, we'd love for you to be the new On The Banks manager. Here's what that person does:
- Writes multiple articles about Rutgers sports a week
- Manages a staff of other writers, editing and scheduling their work
- Running (or delegating) the site Facebook and Twitter account
- Making sure the site publishes enough to grow
- Trains other writers in SB Nation best practices (headlines, formatting, etc)
- Helps make these place become even more awesome
This is typically about a 6-10 hour a week position, and it does come with a small monthly stipend. Previous writing experience isn't required (but it does help!), but a familiarity with social media tools, an understanding for what is news and how to find it, and a self-starter attitude are required.
If you're interested in being our new manager, or just being a regular ol' contributor, please email a writing sample and a resume to email@example.com, and our SB Nation League Managers will get in touch with you shortly.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!