Rutgers finally got back in the win column on Saturday with a road victory over Army last Saturday. The Scarlet Knights now sit at 4-7 and, somehow, are still in contention for a bowl bid. They head back to High Point Solutions Stadium one more time on Saturday, as they host Maryland for a noon kickoff on Senior Day. Today, Rutgers released its weekly injury report and depth chart, so here's what we know so far about Saturday's game.
Like last week, the injury report is a long one.
If Rutgers doesn't make a bowl game, starting SS Davon Jacobs' upper body injury sustained against Indiana will prove to be a season-ending one. The redshirt junior has already been ruled out for Saturday's game.
Nine Scarlet Knights are listed as questionable, most notably WLB Steve Longa (lower body). Longa was a surprise inactive against Army after he was probable on last week's injury report. He's been a tackling machine this year for Rutgers, so they will hope Longa can give it a go against Maryland.
Also questionable for Saturday is SS Kiy Hester (lower body). Hester and FS Saquan Hampton collided on a play against Army, and Hester was spotted limping to the sideline. He did not return. With Jacobs out, Rutgers would turn to Andre Hunt to start at SS if Hester can't play Saturday.
CB Blessuan Austin (upper body) is also questionable. He didn't appear to get injured against Army, but an injury might help explain a brutal play where he got beat by an Army receiver and then attempted a weak push that failed to get the receiver out of bounds.
Rutgers hopes to get two of its starting offensive linemen back on Saturday. C Derrick Nelson (upper body) and LG Dorian Miller (upper body) both sat out against Army after getting injured against Nebraska, including a scary head injury for Nelson. Both are questionable for the Maryland game.
A few other Scarlet Knights are questionable against Army, including LB Trevor Morris (upper body), WR Dontae Owens (lower body), LB Deonte Roberts (lower body) and DT Eric Wiafe (lower body).
Along with Jacobs, the following players are out, and are done for the season if Rutgers doesn't make a bowl: TE George Behr (lower body), DT Darius Hamilton (lower body), RB Desmon Peoples (upper body), LB Nick Rafferty (upper body), DT Kenneth Roman (upper body), LB Austin Rosa (lower body), RB Charles Snorweah (upper body), LB T.J. Taylor (lower body) and WR John Tsimis (lower body).
Five players are probable for Saturday's game: WR Leonte Carroo (lower body), WR Janarion Grant (lower body), LT Keith Lumpkin (upper body), RG Chris Muller (lower body) and MLB Kaiwan Lewis (upper body). Saturday will be the final home for the careers of Carroo, Lumpkin and Lewis.
QB: Chris Laviano/Hayden Rettig
RB: Paul James OR Josh Hicks OR Justin Goodwin OR Robert Martin
FB: Sam Bergen/Anthony Folkerts
TE: Nick Arcidiacono/Matt Flanagan OR Charles Scarff
WR: Leonte Carroo OR Carlton Agudosi
WR: Andre Patton OR Janarion Grant
LT: Keith Lumpkin/Zack Heeman
LG: Dorian Miller OR Zach Heeman
C: Chris Muller OR Derrick Nelson
RG: Marcus Applefield OR Chris Muller
RT: J.J. Denman/Jacquis Webb
* Curiously, LG Tariq Cole is no longer on the depth chart. The redshirt freshman has mostly worked on special teams this year, but was listed as a co-starter ahead of last week's game. If Miller doesn't play on Saturday, Heeman will get the start at LG.
* Not surprisingly, Applefield is no longer listed as a co-starter at C. Muller was always expected to slide over to center if Nelson couldn't play last week, and he will do so again on Saturday if he still can't go.
* Applefield is now listed as a co-starter at RG, and will draw the start there once again if Muller needs to fill in at center. Jacquis Webb is no longer listed as a co-starter.
* Webb is now Denman's sole backup.
* Ryan Brodie was removed from the LT and RT depth charts.
* After starting at safety in place of suspended Anthony Cioffi, and playing surprisingly well, Hicks will return to the offensive side of the ball against Maryland.
DE: Quanzell Lambert/Kemoko Turay
NT: Sebastian Joseph/Kevin Wilkins
DT: Julian Pinnix-Odrick/Eric Wiafe OR Jon Bateky
DE: Djwany Mera/Jimmy Hogan
WLB: Steve Longa OR Deonte Roberts
MLB: Kaiwan Lewis/Isaiah Johnson
SLB: Quentin Gause/Eric Margolis OR Kevin Marquez
CB: Isaiah Wharton/Ronnie James
FS: Anthony Cioffi/Saquan Hampton
SS: Kiy Hester OR Andre Hunt/Najee Clayton
CB: Blessuan Austin/Jarius Adams
* With Longa's status in question, Roberts has been upgraded to co-starter, despite being questionable himself.
* Having served his one-game suspension, Cioffi will return and start against Maryland.
* As mentioned above, Hunt will draw the start at SS if Hester can't go.
K: Kyle Federico/Chris Gough
P: Joey Roth/Michael Cintron
LS: Alan Lucy/Alex Hutchings
H: Joey Roth/Brian Verbitski
KR/PR: Janarion Grant/Andre Patton
Do you think Longa will play? Can Rutgers overcome some big injuries to beat the Terps? How will the offensive line shake out? Sound off in the comments below!