Finals week is over and the Scarlet Knights return to the RAC. They sit at 6-4, and, if they take care of business, they have a shot at 9-4 before Big Ten play starts.
First up is St. Francis (PA) on Saturday, 2 pm at the RAC.
1. Will the real Kadeem Jack please stand up? We saw a glimpse of him against Manhattan as Jack was a man amongst boys putting in 24 points and basically dominating the game. This needs to be Kadeem game in and game out. No more jump shooting. Attack the rim. Dunk the ball. Be the man.
2. Is Junior Etou ready to be Robin? To go along with Jack, Etou scored 16 rim rattling points. If this is the Etou Rutgers gets for the rest of the season, watch out. Again, he has the same issues Jack does. Attacking the rim and cutting hard are better for him.
3. Bounce back for Mack? Myles Mack scored only 2 points against the Jaspers. That's not very Myles-like. Look for him to come back strong scoring the ball.
4. Can Eddie Jordan get Mack and Jack some rest? Jordan has been leaning on his two seniors for over 35 minutes a game. While that is by necessity, these are the game where Shaquille Doorson, Dwayne Foreman, and Mike Williams should get long runs. The longer Mack and Jack can sit on the bench (after dominating, of course), the better Rutgers will be in the long run.
5. Can we set him Free, man? DeShawn Freeman, a JUCO power forward, is visiting tomorrow. Rutgers needs a player of his caliber on campus next season. A good showing tomorrow--can then nudge him even further Rutgers way? We'll see.