- Sam Hellman has a nice, unlocked article on Scarlet Report catching up with Mike Teel, who's getting ready to coach at Kean. Lots of interesting details in that one. Teel's home town of Oakland, NJ was hit hard by Ramapo River flooding.
- NFL comings and goings: the Jaguars cut Tiquan Underwood, who then signed with the Patriots. The Broncos cut Nate Jones.
- Kirk Ciarrocca resurfaces: kind of. As genuinely horrific he was as a bowl subdivision offensive coordinator, he wasn't a bad receivers coach at all. Is sort of the Greg Robinson principle in play here? In that, once a formerly competent coach is over-promoted so far out of his element that success becomes impossible, he regresses into becoming virtually unemployable? I mean, even Gary Crowton found work at Maryland after his horrific past few seasons at LSU. Speaking of which, it might just be time to reclaim Randy Edsall's genius moniker...
- Oliver Luck says that the Big East will exceed the ACC's television contract in its next deal. It kinda makes you wonder - between that, and all the anonymous quote about poaching BC and Maryland, is there any chance that the ACC would make a pre-emptive strike? I mean, this is the ACC we're talking about here.
- From mgoblog: what statistical factors are meaningful in projection college football team performance? The full projections aren't there, but it looks like there are a few factors that would work in RU's favor this year.
News and links roundup for 8/30
By On the Banks