- Rutgers LB Sam Bergen says his hamstring is 100%. Rutgers has a clear top four at linebacker with Beauharnais, Greene, and Glaud starting, and Marvin Booker a top reserve. There hasn't been an announcement yet on whether or not Edmond Laryea will get another year (and if he does, he could play fullback.) Younger players like Bergen and Dave Milewski will be vying for playing time on the two-deep with touted incoming freshmen Quentin Gause and Kevin Snyder.
- Hey, Ka'Lial Glaud, need some motivation? Rivals.com thinks you are a joke. Picking among a group of hats at a press conference is a solemn, sacred, time-honored tradition. Glaud can never be forgiven for forever defiling the sanctity of recruiting. It's called etiquette, people. Everyone knows you never use a salad fork on the main course. Most certainly, one should never, ever, make a college choice on any other criteria than whether the Auburn booster's check cleared or not.
- Ray Rice Day comes but once a year, but that won't stop Rice from being a good guy on a daily basis.
- Rick Pitino supports splitting the Big East basketball conference along football lines. Not only is that a good idea in trying to make the unwieldy conference far more manageable, but it would naturally push the Big East towards a split. Can't imagine much Rutgers opposition to that plan.
- Rutgers football played the 71st toughest schedule over the past four seasons. Only slightly below USF and UConn though.
- CFBLive says Rutgers is the #1 family atmosphere program in the country. Sample size matters and all, but it really took them that long to come to such an obvious conclusion?
- WAC observers think Big East expansion could wreck their league.
News and links roundup for 7/26
By On the Banks