The guys over at Rumble in the Garden were kind enough to give us a preview of what Rutgers next opponent, St. John's, has to offer.
This is a huge game for both teams. Rutgers needs this game if it wants to keep it's NIT hopes alive. St. John's needs this game to avoid a letdown after their Duke smackdown and to push for an NCAA bid. Here's my answers to their five questions.
Q&A after the jump...
1) This season has seemed a little rocky to this outsider. Early in the year SJU dropped two tough ones to Fordham and St. Bonaventure. Since then they've had some good wins, including G'Town and the annihilation of Duke. What's changed?
2) What sort of defense and offense does SJU run?
3) Tell us a little about this amazing recruiting class Lavin has coming in.
4) Who's your best player this year? Why?
5) How has Lavin differed from?
6) What player has been the biggest surprise for you this year?
7) With the Mike Rice and Steve Lavin hirings, and their respective recruiting classes, do you expect SJU and Rutgers to become a bigger rivalry?
8) Do you have a prediction for the game? Who wins? What's the score?