- Check out Keith Sargeant on the latest episode of Jersey Sports Radio. As far as their Chas Dodd discussion goes, winning at Byrnes is the equivalent to winning at Don Bosco (if you're the type to hold quarterbacks responsible for a team's record). The bigger concern is how Dodd will adjust to a new offense that's outside of his comfort zone.
- Football Scoop now has a non-P.J. Fleck rumor for Ohio State's WR coach opening. Anyone know where that was cribbed from?
- Former Rutgers DL coach Gary Emanuel is the new DC at Purdue. Emanuel is an excellent coach, and well-deserves the bump, although I'm still upset about losing him.
- LFBall's back, and he's not happy with Seton Hall's coaching staff.
- Navy officially announced their 2011 schedule on Friday, complete with a travel date to "New Brunswick" on Oct. 15. For anyone wondering about the rumors that the series would be delayed/canceled, it seemed to be a moot point once '11-'13 games were listed in the '10 Navy media guide.
- Several Scarlet Knight alumni signed futures contracts with NFL teams last week, including Joe Porter and Kevin Brock with the Raiders, Ryan D'Imperio with the Vikings, and Kevin Malast with the Titans. Brock and Porter also recently visited a center for troubled youth according to a raiders.com story.
- Kenny Britt promises to improve his conditioning after his promising sophomore campaign was marred by frequent injuries. Britt was very good when he stayed on the field in 2010, and will undoubtedly be a trendy offseason pick for a breakout campaign.
- The Wizards demoted Hamady N'Diaye to the D-League.
News and links roundup for 1/11
By On the Banks