- Keydrick Vincent has overtaken Jeremy Zuttah as a starter at left guard for the Bucs, which is not really that much of a surprise. With Tampa being so bad, I'd love to see Zuttah play for a better team that doesn't have big money invested at center and right guard. Those are more natural positions for him. Zeus's teammate Derrick Roberson picked Tyler Palko against the Chiefs. Tampa also brought back George Johnson now that he's healthy.
Eric Foster's been having a good camp for Indianapolis. He recorded a sack against Buffalo.
- Tim Brown is back healthy and practicing/playing for the Giants, and here's the requisite Aditi piece that you knew had to be coming at some point.. As good as Brown was in Albany, he had the misfortune of going down right as Victor Cruz had a great week of practice and game against the Jets. The Giants have a deep training camp roster, and a lot of tough decisions ahead as a result. Maybe he'll get a chance returning kicks. Oddly enough Cruz was Brown's camp roommate.
- Nate Jones is proving to be a key reserve for the Denver Broncos.
- Jamaal Westerman was on WFAN on Monday. He recorded a sack in the Jets' second preseason game.
- Reports have been positive about Devin McCourty's play against the Falcons. By all accounts he's had a very strong camp and will play a lot as rookie.
- Jack Corcoran injured his shoulder a week ago against the Cardinals.
- Gary Gibson could start for the Rams, and is getting in fights at training camp.
- Jason McCourty disappointed in week 2 for the Titans. Kenny Britt was quiet too, and he even kicked a ball after a play.
- Anthony Davis roomed with Mike Iupati during training camp.
8/26 Rutgers NFL training camp updates
By On the Banks
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.