Mike Teel reached an injury settlement with the Bears, and is now off injured reserve and free to sign with another team once he's healthy in a couple weeks.
- Unfortunately the Bucs cut George Johnson. The poor guy just can't stay healthy.
- Darnell Stapleton's out of New England after a brief stay.
- The Steelers signed Brandon Renkart.
- Brian Leonard hopes to return to Cincinnati early in the regular season.
- Jason McCourty's feeling good about training camp.
- Jamaal Westerman is getting looks all over the field.
- Anthony Davis is the second youngest starter in 49ers history. He's also the youngest lineman to start for them, and won't even be 21 by the time of their first regular season game.
Devin McCourty looked good on returns in his first preseason game for New England. It's only preseason, but Tiquan Underwood had a long touchdown catch in the Jags' opener too.
- Tim Brown has missed a few days of camp injured, and didn't play in Monday's opener of the new stadium back in New Jersey. Paterson's Victor Cruz took advantage of that opportunity to play well in the game. Rutgers was close to offering Cruz as a DB in the leadup to signing day of '04 IIRC, but he grew tired of waiting and signed with UMass. It'd be nice if both could make the team at the expense of Sinorice Moss and Derek Hagan.
- Kevin Malast stood out in Chicago's first game.
8/17 Rutgers NFL training camp updates
By On the Banks