- Coach Schiano is back from vacation and starting to make the media rounds, as Big East media day is a week away now. His interview last week on RU's new Philadelphia radio station was very brief and had no information of note, and I haven't been able to find an audio archive of the one from Shore Sports Radio. There's another one from a Miami station that went a few minutes, with the most notable information being a mention of how many Rutgers players in the NFL like to come back to campus and train with Jay Butler.
- Last year was actually Mohamed Sanu's first as a wide receiver. Considering his punting skills, is there anything that Sanu can't do?
- Ben Doody from the Trentonian previews the upcoming football season with a Syracuse radio station.
- Hamady N'Diaye seems to have figured out that buddying up with John Wall is probably a good strategy if he intends to stick around for a while in Washington.
- Anyone looking to find FIU coverage in the Miami Herald leading up to their game with Rutgers may be out of luck. Pelegrin makes some good points, but it seems obvious why any Miami stories were a higher priority than FIU for the Herald.
- While commissioner Jim Delany only cares for generic platitudes, Penn State coach Joe Paterno has no problem openly lobbying for Rutgers to join the Big Ten.
- Courtney Greene wants to the best safety in the NFL.
- So far only one NFL first round pick has signed, which could delay Devin McCourty's arrival to training camp for a few days.
News and links roundup for 7/27
By On the Banks