- Howard Barbieri wants the Rutgers offensive line to rebound from its poor 2009. Good to know that he's on scholarship now. Getting an accurate ship count won't be possible until the final fall roster is released however.
- Rutgers football is reportedly in discussions with Bethune-Cookman (home of former assistant Brian Jenkins) about scheduling a future game. They'd be an acceptable fit as one year's customary FCS opponent.
- Football season preview is kicking into high gear. Here's Rivals.com and Paul Myerberg on Rutgers.
- Rutgers basketball coach Mike Rice is a long-suffering Pittsburgh Pirates fan.
- Could forward Derrick Randall be Rice's first commit for 2011? That would be an excellent start up front, although the basketball team's number one need is at point guard.
- The Open Mat has a quick Q&A with wrestler Billy Ashnault.
- Truth About It breaks down Hamady N'Diaye's play for the Wizards in the NBA's summer league.
- Tim Brown answered three questions from the Ledger last week.
- Jason McCourty has apparently switched agents to Andy Simms, who represents Jason's brother Devin.
News and links roundup for 7/13
By On the Banks