- UNC-Wilmington transfer forward John Fields will visit Miami and Tennessee next.
- Norfolk State views their game with Rutgers as a showcase.
- I forgot to search for news updates on Brian Leonard last week, and then a poster on Rivals had to go and link to a story which mentioned that Brian could play a bigger role with the Bengals this year.
- Cowboys TE Kevin Brock was the guest on last Friday's Talking Football Live podcast.
- Darnell Stapleton is joining the Double G Sports website as a Rutgers football columnist.
- 49ers.com takes a look at Anthony Davis.
- Another recommended listen is the latest In the Bleachers podcast featuring Bill Connelly of Football Outsiders College, and On the Banks's sister site Rock M Nation (a Missouri affiliate).
- The Rutgers administration and faculty unions are set for a July 7th hearing on proposed pay freezes.
- In the midst of yesterday's budget negotiations, the state assembly found time to approve a bill allowing New Jersey to sell professional sports vanity plates (you can already purchase Rutgers plates for $100). As a bad driver (but not an in-courteous driver, mind you), I don't have a Block R sticker for fear of guilt by association.
- George Zoffinger has re-emerged from his post-Xanadu silence to rip Sen. Dick Codey over the new Meadowlands Stadium.I... do not care for Zoffinger, and think much more highly of Codey. However, Zoffinger is, gasp, the proverbial broken clock about the Meadowlands Stadium finances. There's a first for everything.
News and links roundup for 6/29
By On the Banks