- Must..resist...urge to slam Chris Christie for his taste in professional sports teams. Otherwise, there's some good stuff in that Steve Politi interview about Rutgers athletics and the Nets. I wish more people in the media would publicly take issue with the 400m in subsidies for the new Meadowlands stadium however.
- Ray Rice Day comes but once a year.
- What's it like to interview Mike Teel for a story only for him to be cut days later?
- ESPN's Mike Reiss is impressed with Devin McCourty.
- The Big East was considering making a move for the Big XII refugees if that conference had imploded yesterday. Since it didn't, I'm sure the conference office is content leaching off the untenable status quo for as long as possible.
- On that note, Randy Edsall is wistful for Joe Paterno's hypothetical all-sports conference (which was absent UConn IIRC).
- Notre Dame has canceled its 2013 date with Army at Yankee Stadium. Syracuse, Wisconsin, and Colorado are interested in picking up that game.
- Manny Collins is now listed along with Damaso Munoz on the Hartford Colonials' minicamp roster.
- Pitcher Casey Gaynor signed with the Cleveland Indians.
- The New York Jets have been forced to drastically cut their PSL prices.
News and links roundup for 6/15
By On the Banks