- Baseball was eliminated by UConn in the semi-finals of the Big East championship. It was a good run while it lasted.
- Basketball commit Tyree Graham is John Wall's cousin?
- Bob Mulcahy thinks the Big East can survive, at most, losing one team. This article out of Seattle quotes a few anonymous sources on the expansion subject.
- Former Rutgers/NFL safety Jay Bellamy is now in the business of training football players.
- Anthony Davis is making strong progress with his conditioning.
- Good news for Jamaal Westerman: the Jets are moving Vernon Gholston to DE. Despite the spin from Rex Ryan in the article, that's pretty much a death knell for his career if the Jets are sticking with a 3-4. Gholston could conceivably be a pass rushing DE if the Jets use 4-man lines on passing/third downs, but he'd get eaten alive trying to occupy blockers.
- Brendan Beal is transferring from Florida to Minnesota? Didn't see that one coming.
- Did you know that Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan has an (extremely tenuous) connection to Rutgers football? Here's what I'm wondering - Wikipedia says Kagan entered Princeton in 1977. So she would have just missed encountering a young Tom Luicci in the press box, correct?
- Why is the broke NJSEA buying NFL PSLs and season tickets?
- It's beyond crummy that New Jersey cut the Bloustein scholarship program in May, long after seniors had to choose their college of choice.
- Owing to that same budget shortful, the NJSIAA mulls cutting state championships.
- If you're hoping a federal bailout to solve those woes, it has some support among the state's Congressional delegation.
News and links roundup for 6/1
By On the Banks