- Adam Zagoria has must read updates on the basketball coaching search. His story about Paterson Catholic potentially closing could have football implications too.
- Tara Sullivan says Tim Pernetti has been consulting the likes of Bob Hurley, Jeff Van Gundy, and David Stern on the coaching search. Iffy on that last one. You don't want to wake up tomorrow and find out the team are moving. Some more candidate details there too.
- Jerry Carino has Phil the Thrill endorsing Fast Eddie. Did anyone really expect otherwise?
- LFBall has weighed in on the coaching search...and he likes O'Brien, Fraschilla, Rice, AND Jordan. Awww, couldn't he have slagged at least one of the candidates? LF does try to apologize for the obvious knocks on O'Brien and Fraschilla. I'm trying not to pre-judge the first two, but perception is a worry here even if they've been knocked unfairly, or just had the bad luck to get caught while the Caliparis of the world escape unscathed.
- Sanu and Solice (now being listed at linebacker) are the latest to go down in spring practice. Improving players to watch Saturday include Brandon Bing and Desmond Stapleton. We won't be seeing Mason Robinson or Kordell Young until the fall.
- Back to square one: per Greenstein, Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany is now saying that the expansion time table isn't accelerated, and will proceed as had been originally expected. Well then. Here's to another year of smugness. Delany will be addressing the media later today.
News and links roundup for 4/21
By On the Banks