- Last week the Rutgers football program announced that backup LB Jim Dumont is out for the season. Rutgers is now down its second string MLB, and its second and third string SLBs. Ka"Lial Glaud is getting some looks in the middle along with the weakside now. This week's depth chart lists Glaud in the middle, with Marvin Booker and Al-Ghaffar Lane as the other backups. If there are any more injuries, I'm not sure who can line up at LB without burning a redshirt (assuming Marcus Thompson either takes a redshirt, or stays at DE).
- Here's a brief interview with basketball recruit Kadeem Jack. Bobby Deren also checked in with incoming freshman forward Gil Biruta.
- Hamady N'Diaye works hard and everybody loves him, but he could still have trouble making the Wizards.
- This week's cover story in Sports Illustrated about an agent confessing to how he paid college football prospects is generating a lot of attention because it names names. Be under no illusions: that stuff probably goes on everywhere, as do payments from boosters. What sets the UNC case apart is that one of their assistant coaches, John Blake, is alleged to have worked as a runner for an agent.
- Cleveland released Derrick Roberson. The Titans waived Jack Corcoran from their practice squad, and the Cardinals also let Tim Brown go.
News and links roundup for 10/13
By On the Banks