Schiano said "as far as I know" everyone reported back and was ready to go -- though he was uncertain about the status of incoming freshman Wayne Warren, who is recovering from knee surgery.
But running back Kordell Young and linebacker Damaso Munoz, both coming off major surgery as well, have been cleared to practice without limitations.
Some of the other highlights from reporting day:
* Munoz will compete with Ryan D'Imperio at middle linebacker, with redshirt freshman Manny Abreu opening as the strongside starter;
* Blair Bines will move from linebacker to defensive tackle, and DE Alex Silvestro ("He has transformed himself. He weighs 250 now," Schiano said) will be tried at the three-technique spot next to tackle Pete Tverdov as well. Jamal Westerman, tried at tackle in the spring, will move back to end;
* Because of Teel's experience, the offense may use more no-huddle and hurry-up;
* Schiano hasn't made up his mind yet whether the majority of practices will be in Rutgers Stadium on the Field Turf or on the grass fields behind the stadium. "It's 15 degrees hotter in (Rutgers Stadium). Especially early in camp I like to harden our football team," he said;
* A tent has been erected in the parking lot behind the Hale Center that will serve as the dining area for the players. To offset the loss of those parking spots, one of the nearby tennis courts was paved over and made into a large parking lot.
Keith Sargeant also reports that Edmond Laryea and Zaire Kitchen are healthy and ready to go.
edit: from the Trentontian, a spotlight on returning safety Zaire Kitchen.