Last year, UConn came to the RAC and Rutgers got one of their biggest wins of the year. Now Rutgers travels up to Storrs looking to get off the schneid.
1. Rebound: The Huskies haven't been very good at it. In Rutgers' wins, they have been. Kadeem Jack, Wally Judge, Dane Miller and Austin Johnson need to get after it. These boards can lead to points, so Rutgers needs to box out.
2. Get Eli Carter Back on Track: Listen, the kid can be a killer when his shots aren't falling, but he's also a sophomore. He can go off for 30 at any moment. That would be really useful tomorrow. When he's playing well on offense, his teammates step up too. When he struggles, so goes the team.
3. Get Out and Run: Teams have been able to shut down Rutgers' fast break. The Scarlet Knights are at their best when they run. Force turnovers, quick outlet passes, do whatever it takes to get that fast break going.
4. Get Carter and Myles Mack to the line: They're near automatic. On the road, it's tough to come across fouls. Especially when you're Rutgers. So, make them count. Mack and Carter need to drive to the hoop and draw contact.
5. Make Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright Work: Just like Rutgers did to D'Angelo Harrison a few weeks ago, they have to realize these guys are going to score. But if RU can make them work, and force them into tough shots, they'll have a chance.
Beer for the game? Lagunitas Sucks Holiday Ale... a great double IPA.