USA TODAY Sports
It's the biggest game of the year.
Rutgers is on a 2 game winning streak. They are 2-1 in the Big East for the first time in years. The Bearcats, number 21 in the country (but formally number 8), are on their way to town. They're 1-2 in the Big East. They're annoyed.
Rutgers is going to have a battle on their hands.
1. Rebound and Run: The Bearcats are going to want to muck this game up, and make it a down and dirty match-up. They're going to want Rutgers to beat them in the halfcourt. To battle that, the Scarlet Knights are going to have to grab the ball and outlet quickly. Myles Mack and Eli Carter need to be up the court quickly, and the forwards are going to have to find them. Easy baskets, lay-ups... Rutgers is at its best when it plays fast.
2. Force Turnovers: Another way to get easy baskets. Rutgers needs to force the Bearcats into mistakes. This will lead to runouts as well. Baskets are going to be difficult to come by in this game, so the easier the basket, the better.
3. Slow Their Guards: When Cashmere Wright and Sean Kilpatrick get going, the Bearcats are tough to stop. Rutgers needs to have the same strategy for them they had for D'Angelo Harrison. Make them work. Don't get easy buckets. Force them to take bad shots.
4. Get to the Line: Rutgers is the best free throw shooting team in the Big East. Myles Mack and Eli Carter need to drive to the hoop and get fouled. Get themselves to the line and make Cincy pay.
5. Seniors: Dane Miller and Austin Johnson. This is your last season. This is your shot. Take advantage. Win this game.