It's been a mixed offseason for Rutgers alumni in the NFL.
- Shaun O'Hara's isn't healthy enough yet to sign with a team.
- Jamaal Westerman is ready to play a larger role for the Jets.
- There are early signs for optimism with George Johnson in Tampa.
- Kenny Britt battled hamstring problems, and Tennessee brought in a new QB.
NFL teams have to trim their rosters down to 53 players by 6 pm today, and it appears that several Rutgers alumni won't end up making the cut. Many of these players still have a chance to resurface on practice squads however.
- The New England Patriots released DE/OLB Alex Silvestro and WR Tiquan Underwood
- The Denver Broncos released CB Brandon Bing.
- The Minnesota Vikings released FB Ryan D'Imperio.
- The Houston Texans released C Howard Barbieri.
Other players still look too close to call at this point. Check back here for updates throughout the weekend as to which Scarlet Knight alumni make their team's rosters.
Update: S Joe Lefeged made the Colts, and DE George Johnson made the Bucs.
The 49ers cut FB Jack Corcoran. The Dolphins cut DE/OLB Jonathan Freeny.
Update2: The Raiders released TE Kevin Brock, but CB Joe Porter made the team.